There are several locations to take dance in the Chattanooga area, but here is why you should choose Chattanooga Dance Theatre:
- The Teachers: Well certified, trained, and experienced teachers understand how to teach your child in a safe and encouraging way.
- The Syllabus: CDT’s full 10 level syllabus builds on itself each year.
- The Facility: CDT boasts a state of the art facility with sprung marley floors and a clean spacious lobby.
- The Prices: Competitive prices and available scholarship discounts make dance affordable for all.
- The Location: Conveniently located in the Hixson area parents can run errands while their young dancers are in class.
- The Reputation: CDT’s proven teaching techniques that have created many professional and pre-professional dancers that have gone on to dance and teach in the field. If you are not currently a part of the CDT family we encourage you to stop by, tour the facility, and speak with families that are involved in the program.
Chattanooga Dance Theatre teaches some great technique. Students at CDT develop a strong foundation in ballet and with training in modern, jazz and other forms of dance, these dancers feel comfortable in almost any class, but there are even more reasons to dance at the best dance studio in Chattanooga. Here are the side effects of taking dance classes at CDT:
- Confidence. At Chattanooga Dance Theatre, we work to empower students. While good technique is taught, it is always taught in an encouraging way. Teachers help students set goals and assist dancers to achieve them. Dancers feel supported, accomplished, and ready to take on more in life.
- Creativity. Throughout our syllabus we incorporate and encourage student expression and creativity. When dancers learn to use their creativity, they are better problem solvers in the studio and throughout life.
- Intellegence. Did you know that dance makes you smarter? No joke. They are using dance to help slow down dementia and it has been helpful for patients with Parkinson’s Disease. Check it out here: http://neuro.hms.harvard.edu/harvard-mahoney-neuroscience-institute/brain-newsletter/and-brain-series/dancing-and-brain
- Work Ethic: You don’t get too far in dance without working hard, and with a supportive environment, students learn that it can be fun to work hard as a group and reach amazing new heights.
- Responsibility: Students at Chattanooga Dance Theatre learn responsibility in class and preparing for performances. Dancers are required to adhere to dress code, have hair properly pulled back and have all dance necessities in their dance bag.
- Friendship. Not only are the teachers supportive of the students at Chattanooga Dance Theatre, but the students are supportive of each other. It’s an encouraging environment all the way around and dancers create life-long friendships.
If you are a current or potential student at Chattanooga Dance Theatre feel free to speak with a teacher or office staff member about any questions, concerns, praises, or suggestions.
Tell us why you love CDT below.